Permits are required for berthing, construction, venue rental, filmmaking and many other activities that occur on Port NOLA property.
All construction work proposed to be performed on Port of New Orleans property must be authorized in writing, in advance, by the Port. Examples include new construction, alterations or modifications to existing structures or property, and installation of fences, trailers, fuel tanks, signs, etc. No application fee is assessed by the Port, and all submittals required for one permit application must be submitted at the same time.
The issuance of a permit is necessary to ensure that:
- The work will not interfere with the Port’s current or future plans or development
- The work will not damage Port facilities
- The work will not adversely affect the environmental quality of Board property
- The work will not adversely affect insurance coverage
- The work is accomplished in accordance with Port standards
- A record exists of improvements to Port property and the location and routing of utilities.